What a way to wake up

No one saw this coming! They discussed a few flurries last night on the news, but they didn't know this was coming! I woke up and had completely forgotten about the "flurries" when I decided to look outside and saw an inch of snow! Holy smokes! Any day that I wake up to a fresh white blanket starts my day on a good note! Unfortunately, the snowplows had not gone at all. When Christopher left at 5:30, the road was snowpacked and evident that plows hadn't been out (I don't think they even suspected this, therefore had no manpower). Getting to the interstate this morning was not an easy task for him. He called around 7:00 to have me call his dad to take the kids to school- our rear-wheel drive vehicle is worthless in snow. Being the stubborn one, I refused to call. I only called when he called back 10 minutes later to see if I'd gotten a hold of him. I called and he came and picked us up. And it was a good thing or this post would have been titled, "Stuck in a ditch", or worse... He was in 4-wheel drive and we still slid. More is in store for Monday, so I'm excited! But hopefully they call off school. Keith and Dee will be in Atlanta Monday and I'll have to get out!
I did send these lovely pictures to Granny and Pa who are vacationing in the warm Florida sun this month. Ahhhh, to be retired!
I'm off in a bit to take Kate for her eye exam. Hoping her prescription hasn't changed since last year!
No comments:
Post a Comment