Sunday, January 23, 2011
Fun with snow
I know I've blogged about snow a lot this winter. We've gotten double what we normally get already and I have a feeling there will be a lot more. Last Friday as the previous snow was melting, we ventured out to build a snowman since last winter we didn't get enough to even make one. Although he was short in stature compared to our usual 5 ft. snowmen, he was still sweet. He even held a snowball.

Then there was this week's snowy forecast. If you're wondering why on Earth I'd take a picture of the forecast, it's my 365 pic for Tuesday. That's the 6+" snowfall for Thursday and more for this weekend.
Ol Mike Roberts was correct, and Wednesday night the sky let loose and dropped 5 inches on us. Christopher didn't even try to go to work Thursday. He did however decide to shovel our driveway. I would have left it, but that's just me...
This is looking up our solar tube (another 365). The directions state to never look directly up it because it concentrates the sunlight and reflects it off the aluminum tube. I've tried it before... it HURTS, and then you can't see... But anyway, this is with 5 inches of snow over the top. No burning your eyes this time. It's still like this.
This is what remains of the snowman after being rained on Tuesday and snowed on again. He's clearly seen better days.
Yesterday we went outside to play. Our backyard looked so peaceful.
The kids decided going down the slide into the snow was really fun!
And then we made a fort from snow bricks. They thought this was absolutely awesome! And it really was fun to build. They packed the bricks and I laid them. We spritzed it with a spray bottle to give it a coat of ice to harden it up. We went out twice today to work on it. It now has a secondary wall around the outside because it was starting to lean. I imagine they will want to build some more tomorrow.
When I watched the news Friday, they were calling for another 3-6 inches this afternoon. Sheer craziness! But last night's forecast showed us in the 1 inch range, so I figured it was no big deal. Well, when I went to IGA around 12:30, it was snowing hard. When we went to go see Yogi Bear with mom at 3, it was still snowing hard. When we left the theater at 5:30, the roads were completely covered. We had to drive from Hillsboro and could not see the center line nor the white line on the side of the highway. We got at least another inch and the snowplows have been going by. I certainly hope they don't have another snow day tomorrow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment