Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The new face of Forgetful Jones

Those of you who watched Sesame Street back in the 80's probably remember Forgetful Jones. He was the cowboy that always forgot things. I think that maybe, just maybe, he could be replaced by this girl...
It's been known for ages that my sweet daughter is quite absent minded. It's OK. That's who she is. I'm used to it. Some days, I do worry about her, though.

Several months ago, she lost her school library book. She searched each of her classrooms, the library, the lost and found, and still no book. I've resorted to getting a bill at the end of the year for a very overdue book. Sigh. Back before school let out for Christmas break, she came home reporting that she'd lost her P.E. pants. How on earth, I don't know. She'd searched again and couldn't find them. She asked me, "Do I have a blue sweatshirt with stars on it? Because I found one in the lost and found that looks like it." Sure enough, after looking in her closet, she'd lost that, too, but had NO clue she had until she'd seen it in lost and found. Sigh. She brought home the shirt the next day, and it was hers, but no pants.

Today was the first day back to school and she had her $6.00 to buy another pair of shorts. We got to school, she's gathering her stuff and, "Where's my flute?" Sigh... Luckily we were 10 minutes early and were able to go back home and find not only her flute, but also her P.E. shirt that she'd forgotten. What a way to start off a new semester!

I swear that if her head wasn't attached, she'd lose it. And she agrees.

By some miracle, her pants had been turned in and all is well. She did say that she lost her binder, though, the big, 5 pound thing she has to lug around to each class. Luckily, it was quickly found!

No comments: