As if it weren't 100% predictable that we'd have a snowday today, I figured tomorrow would be up for grabs. The plows managed to clear our road and the main roads in town (I ventured in to buy groceries while Christopher was home), but airport rd. was sheer snow at 3:30. Still, I wasn't sure what they'd do since we've had so many already and they continue to eat into our summer break. But just minutes ago, at 9:45, we got the call... snow day number 7 is tomorrow. We haven't had a full week of school since returning from Christmas break. And Preston only went to school one day this week.
So yes, we got 5 inches last night and this morning. Again, a really pretty snow. I'm loving it! This is what winter is supposed to be like! Christopher didn't even attempt to go to work today since the news was reporting 11 inches in Greenville. A guy he works with that lives right in St. Louis emailed to say that even he couldn't get to work, so it's a good thing Christopher didn't try. He did venture out to shovel our driveway- all 2,000 sq. ft. of it. It was his first and last time for that! I told him that hopefully Granny and Pa will be home the next time it snows a lot so Pa will come down and blade the drive for us! But at least I know that there won't be any falling flat on the driveway this time.
We ventured out for just a short time today. It was just too cold even without any wind. It's supposed to be the coldest night of the winter, so I figure tomorrow will be pretty chilly, too. I told the kids we'd go up to Granny's Saturday after bowling and sled. I'm hoping it will be a bit warmer then, too.
So, now we just have to wait and see how many more snow days we have this winter!
No comments:
Post a Comment