Monday, January 31, 2011

A little project I've been working on

Poor Preston has always had to use a pink scarf. Poor boy. The other day I decided to get out my yarn and crochet him a scarf. It will be white, red and green before it is finished (per his request). I started Friday night, and it's about 2 feet long now. Maybe, just maybe, it will be finished this weekend.

And it looks like we're now in for a "very likely" 1 inch of ice plus all of the snow that's coming Wednesday. Lovely, huh? With us living under so many trees (we have 20 in the back yard alone), that is NOT a good deal. I'm scared that old sycamore will land on our sunroom... I'm off to Aldi to buy some more cereal and then we're set. I plan on doing some baking so that if our power goes out (and Ameren is calling in the big guns to keep up with outages), we'll at least have some tasty treats to keep us full.

Wonder when the school will call to send the kids home- the rain is due to start any time.

No comments: