Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Things you may or may not know

I've been having lots of random thoughts lately and figured that since some of you don't know me that well, I'd share some fun things about me. Now, my family and friends might already know some of this, so just bear with me!

  • I've been a stay-at-home mom since Kate was 9 months old.
  • I have a degree in political science that's sitting on the back burner.
  • I didn't attend my college graduation because I was hugely pregnant with Preston in August and knew I wouldn't be able to handle the heat under a gown. He arrived 6 weeks later.
  • I very much enjoy my quiet days when the kids are in school. I get lots done, but sometimes I do absolutely nothing with my time.
  • I volunteer for the school and the local Habitat for Humanity resale shop.
  • I LOVE thunderstorms. I don't love that they had BOTH kids up last night at 3:00. I never really did get back to sleep after that before the next round started with tornado warnings...
  • I LOVE snowplows. They frequent our street a lot during the winter and I love hearing them coming. I don't like when they take out our mailbox, though!
  • I hate cold weather. I'm already looking forward to spring.
  • I'm a huge Beatles fan- notice the title of this blog. I've got the kids hooked and there's not one of their songs they don't know.
  • I'm addicted to KLOU radio station. I've got it streaming right now.
  • I'm a pretty good cook- at least I think so. I'd really like to open a little restaurant someday, but the financial risk scares me right out of that idea every time.
  • I suffer from chronic ear infections which have led to hearing loss. I'm biding my time until I absolutely have to have hearing aids. It's the Henry curse- me, my dad, my two sisters and brother, and Preston all have the same deal.
  • I HATE coffee. I love to smell it straight from the can, but refuse to go anywhere near it, or anything coffee flavored.
  • I love to sew. I have so many sewing projects in my head and on pinterest, but can't get myself motivated.
  • I am an amateur photographer. I love taking pictures, but it's the post editing that gets monotonous. If it wasn't for that, it might be something I'd consider doing as a business.
  • I have no will power when it comes to food. I do well all week, watching what I eat and then I go to mom's or Granny's on Sundays and stuff myself silly. Same goes for restaurants. I won't admit how many cupcakes I've eaten since yesterday.
  • I HATE ironing. I put it off as long as possible and often try to catch the dryer when it goes off to get Christopher's dress shirts before they get wrinkled so I can just hang them up. If I don't make it, I throw them in with the next load and try again. I live for spring and summer when Christopher can wear polos. Dress pants go to the dry cleaner.
  • I can not seem to return library books on time to save my soul. I don't know what it is about them. Back in Nov., the library knocked off a dollar from your fines for each canned good you brought in. They need to make that a year-round effort!
  • I keep a binder with all of my decorating ideas. I have plans for an entirely new house and for major renovations. Christopher gets nervous when I pull it out.
  • I'm not a reader. I have little patience. I started the Help back before Thanksgiving and haven't finished the second chapter. I'd much rather DO something. It seems so much more productive!

So there's a few tidbits about me. Nothing too exciting, but it's a glimpse of me that some of you didn't already know! And if you did, well, good for you!

1 comment:

henning love said...

i have a degree in political science too!