We had a pretty low-key new years eve. Jess and Reid invited us over for spaghetti and we all had a good time. The kids got to play with Abbie and Issie and I don't think there was anything else that would've made them happier at that point! Kate had been to a sleepover at a friend's house the night before and stayed up until after 3:00 a.m., so she was a BEAR the entire day. So she was put to bed at 9:00 (Preston, too). I didn't even make it to midnight myself! But really, I'd much rather spend my new years eves like that, rather than going out to some big party. Boy, times have changed!
Many people make resolutions for new years, but I'm just setting goals. Resolutions are changes, while goals are something to attain and don't necessarily mean change. So without further ado, here are my goals for 2012!
- Eat healthier! I'm not talking health-nut by any means- I still LOVE fried chicken, deserts, etc. I just need to get rid of this belly fat that can no longer be called baby fat when my baby is now 8. That, and with heart disease coming at my from both sides of the family from multiple members, I need to at least make an effort to eat better than I have.
- Get back into running! New years eve was SO nice outside (near 60), so Preston and I went to the park to ride his scooter. He rode, I ran. Or should I say, I walked mostly, ran some. A few months ago I was up to 2 miles, but a nasty respiratory infection in July set me back from running for well over a month and by that time, I'd lost my motivation. I loved running, and really want to do it again, as soon as it warms up outside!
- Get the scrapbooks up to date. Both of the kids' albums are a year behind, and I have yet to do anything with our past two vacations. It looks like we'll be heading back to Gatlinburg for a wedding in June, so we'll have more pictures come then!
- Start Christmas gifts early. Four years ago I wanted to have Christmas done by October, but then we ended up selling our house in September and that shot that idea to pieces! So far, it seems that I can do it one year, and the next goes out the window. I plan to start making some as soon as the kids head back to school this week.
- Organize. I'm pretty organized to begin with. I like things to not be cluttered. Lately, though, things have gotten really cluttered and it's getting on my nerves. I need to purge and rearrange. Thankfully, Preston came up with a bunch of stuff Saturday that could be put up in the attic and it really made a difference!
- Find a new church. It's no secret that I really don't like Christopher's church, which we've gone to for the past 12 years. I'm Lutheran, he's Baptist. But he doesn't like my church, either. We need to find a church that meets in the middle and makes us both happy.
- Get a children's daily devotional. I think it will start our days off on a good note to begin with a lesson about life and God.
I'm sure there are other things I'll want to do in 2012, but those are my main goals. What you won't see this year is my project 365, or "picture of the day" as we called it. I lost all interest once the kids got back in school. With them gone all day and homework each night, there wasn't much besides the cats to take pictures of, and we only need so many pictures of sleeping cats...
1 comment:
And a Happy New Year to you! Hope your cold is getting better. I woke up with so many ideas I almost wanted to jump back in bed..ha! Here's to another year and many more blog post together.
Post a Comment