Thursday, January 5, 2012

$918.70

Want to know how much I've saved using coupons in 2011? $918.70!!!!!!!!!! That's almost a thousand dollars! Wow, right? And you know what? That total is just for manufacturers coupons for groceries/etc. That's not counting retail coupons, online coupon codes or restaurant coupons. If I'd kept track of those, my total would have been a LOT higher.

Am I a crazy coupon lady? NO! There was one instance where I had 21 coupons that landed me free 3-packs of Ivory soap (actually, I made 3 cents on each pack) and it was beyond embarassing because it held up the line and people stared. I may love a good deal, but I'm not going to go to that extreme. I just buy two Sunday papers and use those, plus what comes in the local paper on Thursdays. I have other people that give me their inserts as well, and aside from a quick browse online to check for printables on things I know I'm going to buy, that's it. We only have Wal-mart and IGA, so I can't often score fabulous deals like on tv. I just try to get the best deal I can and enjoy it!

I'm proud to be frugal. I'm proud that I'm setting good examples for my children. Money doesn't grow on trees, so I try to save as much as I can. If anyone wants to join me in tracking 2012 savings, let me know! I think it would be fun to see what we can do!

No comments: