Friday, January 27, 2012

Random week

This week has been filled with a little of this and a little of that. Nothing really noteworthy to be entitled its own post, but important (to me) nonetheless.

Monday was my first day volunteering at the Habitat resale shop and so far I'm enjoying it. I don't "work" again until Feb. 6, so I get a nice little break. Not sure what I'll do come summer with the kids home. I doubt they want two little ones helping out!

So we got freezing rain Friday night that caused a LOT of nasty accidents. Sunday it was 55 degrees and storming again with tornado warnings. Then we got more freezing rain Wed. It POURED! Luckily it did not freeze on the roads, but the trees and power lines didn't fare so well. We're supposed to get a dusting of snow tonight that will melt by mid-morning tomorrow. So far, we have not had enough to even go outside in. Go figure, it's the one year Christopher actually got the sled down for us *before* it was needed...

Last night the 7th and 8th grade band did a pep band performance at the basketball game. They were AMAZING! You'd never know they'd only been playing those songs since the winter concert in Dec. They rival the high school band! It was really neat seeing the crowd all standing to see them with these looks of "wow" on their faces- especially the guitar solo on We Will Rock You. WOW! And these kids have only been playing 3-4 years!

I've been trying all week to win a trip to the Grammys to hang with Paul McCartney. Yes, I have. This is the last week of the contest. Wouldn't you be trying to win too?

Saturday we have family pictures. It's been a few years.

No comments: