I'd had planned to go to Fairview yesterday for several days. I'd sold 3 of my wreaths in 2 days and only had 1 form, so I had no choice. Our day started off horribly, with two children not wanting to listen or behave or get ready for school. So I left town terribly upset and really not wanting to go.
I ended up having a pretty good day shopping and got all of my returns taken care of and some clothes bought for the kiddos. I enjoyed a nice lunch at St. Louis Bread Co., even if I was by myself. I also returned a PS3 game they didn't want and exchanged it for another remote. I had to be back on the road by 1:30 to make it back in time to pick up the kids, but about halfway home, I realized that I might not have picked up the bag with the remote in it. I had to pay for it back in electronics, so I had put the sack in the basket of the cart and everything else I got at Target in the seat part. I pulled off the interstate and sure enough, I didn't have it. I called Target, praying that some honest person had turned it in, and thankfully, someone had. Phew! I didn't have time to go back, so I had to tell the girl to hold it and I'd have my sister-in-law pick it up since they live there. Then I had to call Diana and see if she would pick it up since I'd already volunteered her! She said she would but I haven't heard yet if she has. I'm just so worried something will happen and they'll give it to someone else or put it on the shelf and we won't get it and then I'm out $$$. UGH!
As soon as I picked the kids up, Kate had an eye exam. Her overall eye health is great, but her nearsightedness has gotten worse- she couldn't even read the big E at the top of the chart (she knew it was an E but it wasn't clear). She was able to get new frames and lenses which hopefully get in later this week. I've been worried about her breaking the loaner pair and having to pay for them, so I'm ready to get the new ones. She's ready too since she's been hating the loaners since her others broke last month.
And since I forgot to put dinner in the crock pot before I left town, and because it was well past 4 when we got back from her appointment, we had the rare fast food dinner. I was in no mood to cook!
I was going to ramble on about shopping frustrations, but really, I'll stop here on a positive note! Maybe another day!
No comments:
Post a Comment