Saturday, June 23, 2012

Lincoln Museum


Thursday morning the kids and I went on a little trip with my mom to Springfield to see the Abrahan Lincoln Presidential Museum.  We had a pretty fun time, and if you're ever in the Springfield area, you might want to check it out.  It's very nice, very detailed, and fun for kids, too.
See the clipboards the kids have?  They have a neat scavenger hunt type thing for the kids with questions that they have to answer by reading some of the major displays.  It was pretty easy for them and they get a certificate at the end.  This was their second time and the questions were different, so it's something you can do over and over if you wanted.  We didn't go across the street to the Presidential Library, but that probably would've been neat, too.

After the museum we had lunch and then went to Scheels to look around and ride the ferris wheel.  It was pretty neat, too.  The kids also rode this virtual car thing and Preston rolled their car way too many times to count.  I hope his driving improves by the time he gets behind the wheel for real!

Mom thought it wold be fun to stay overnight in a hotel so the kids could swim, so she had reserved us a room at the Hampton.  It was fun and the kids had a blast swimming.  They wanted to swim until the pool closed at 11:00 but by 8:30, we called it quits and headed upstairs.
I can't say that I slept well at all.  Between mom's snoring, Kate grinding her teeth (another issue to bring up Wednesday) and Preston sleeping right next to me the whole night, I barely got more than 4 hours.  But we had a good time, and as long as everyone had a good time, it more than made up for the lack of sleep!  Thanks, mom for a fun time!

No comments: