Wednesday is the day I've been dreading for 3 months- Kate gets her bottom 2 teeth pulled and the bottom braces put on. I'm SO ready to have it over with- SOOOOOOOO ready, but I dread it entirely. I've had two dreams (nightmares) in the past week in which we get to the dentist only to realize that we forgot to give her her valium. If I didn't think that Kate would throw it away or flush it down the toilet like she did the appointment card, I'd tape it to the kitchen counter just to be sure. And yes, she did flush the card (within minutes of getting home from vacation)...
I hate the fact that we have to drug our child to get her teeth pulled. But her dentist agrees that it's the best thing for her and that he wouldn't attempt to do it without. It's the best thing aside from rendering her completely unconscious. At least I'm praying it doesn't knock her out because I have to get her in the dentist's office and there's no possible way I can carry her!
Then there's also the recent discovery of her teeth grinding from our little Springfield trip. Folks, it was LOUD! I don't even know how hard she had to have been grinding to make that much noise! It definitely has to be addressed Wednesday before she ends up with cracked teeth and needs more dental work to repair them. I can see that going over as well as pulling teeth! It's never ending with my children. I'm just thankful for good dental insurance!
If you could, please pray for Kate this week. She's already nervous and any time something is said about it (or anything about dentists in general), she gets really agitated and angry. I can see it getting worse the closer we get. You may need to pray for me as well! Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment