This sign was at the end of the road in our resort complex. I certainly didn't want to leave, and neither did the kids! But our week in Tennessee was over and it was time to head back to Illinois. Thank goodness for the iPod and PSP. I think they get tired of me telling them about when I was little and we didn't have electronic gadgets to entertain us. We had to make our own entertainment. Then again, we didn't have to be strapped in, either, and we pretty much bounced around in the backseat and honked semis the whole time, so it was a lot more fun!
Keith and Dee, and Jess and Reid all wanted to stop at Patti's 1880's settlement on the way home and we thought it sounded neat, so we decided to stop, too.
We thought it would be a neat, preserved 1880's settlement. Instead it was a restaurant with some shops and a turkey that just gobbled at us. The rest of them ate, but we decided to go on. Soon after getting back in IL, we hit roadwork. One of the signs said the interstate was closed and there was a 30 minute delay. We opted not to take the detour and of course, the interstate was closed right around Mt. Vernon, and we sat...
And enjoyed the classy scenery of someone in the car in front of us with their cigarette hanging out the window... We called the others to alert them to take the detour so they'd avoid the mess. We did finally make it back to town at 3:45 despite the traffic, and were glad to be back after 8+ hours in the car. The cats were glad to see us, too! Today is one week that we've been back and it doesn't even seem like we were ever there. But we had a fantastic time! And a bonus, Preston and I both avoided ear infections this time! Yes! Although I told Christopher that if we ever moved down there, I'd need to find a good ENT!
No comments:
Post a Comment