Today was my day to take Preston's class to computer lab. I just go to school with him and stay until it's time to take them at 9:00, so I'm there for their morning routine. It's funny now because the kids will see me and say, "Hey! It's computer day!" Anyway... During morning "announcements," the say the Pledge of Allegiance, the school pledge, and sign the National Anthem. Today, however, they asked that they take a moment of silence to "think about your day." Being a public school, they can't ask them to take a moment to pray, but that's exactly what I took that moment to do- to pray for each of those children there learning, and for continued success in school. I hope this is a new feature and that many of the children will use that time to pray. Way to go, JPS!
On a school related note, I got a school reach call last night with a calendar modification notice. Because of all 11 snow days, the rest of the school holidays (i.e. Presidents Day) and 1/2 day inservice days will all be full-day attendance days. I knew something had to give. While at the school, Mrs. D. asked what I thought of it, and really, it doesn't matter much to me. Half-days are a pain since they're only there 3 hours, and really, if it keeps them from going into summer break, I'm all for it! Apparently, since the high school graduation date has already been set, and invitations and such ordered with that date, they won't go past it. So they're making up days in between. So nice to know summer break will still begin before the end of May! Let's just hope we don't get any more snow days!
No comments:
Post a Comment