Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Here we go again

When I logged on a few minutes ago, I see on Yahoo's homepage that Rahm Emmanuel won the Chicago mayoral race. Nice... It comes as no surprise to me. It's Chicago politics at its best. CP is as corrupt as it comes, and if I were a betting woman, I'd put money on the fact that ol RE paid his way into office. Don't believe me? Look at our ex-governor, Blagojevich, and our own president (insert whistling...). Anyway, I don't think it was right that he was even allowed on the ballot in the first place, and I bet that there's something fishy behind that as well. Those Chicago politics are enough to make me want to move out of state. Sorry, I just had to get that out.

I am still sick and spent another day pretty much sacked out on the couch. I felt much better today, I just have no energy. I'm tired of sneezing and coughing. I imagine tonight will be fun trying to sleep, coughing as much as I am. I'm still debating wether or not to volunteer at the school tomorrow. I don't want to get any of the kids sick.

Speaking of school, Preston got a pinkslip yesterday. Figuring he'd gotten in a fight, I wasn't too pleased. Then I looked in his folder and read the offense: trying to wipe names off the lost tooth chart. Seriously? Yes, he did something that he should not have done. I won't try to deny that. But not only did he get a pinkslip, he also lost recess that day and the "good behavior" party on Thursday. Just for trying to wipe off names, which he was unsuccessful at because they were written with a permanent marker. I thought it was kind of silly, so I didn't give him any consequences at home- we just talked about the matter and made sure he knew not to try something like that again. I think missing the ice cream party will be punishment enough.

No comments: