Thursday, February 17, 2011

Randoms

Lots of little stuff floating around my head. None of it is really newsworthy, but I'm bored and figured maybe I'll stop thinking about everything if I put it down.

Purina's dog food is now better tasting. Who exactly has tasted this to come to this conclusion?

Even though I've ripped the seat out of *4* pair of LOFT jeans, I still buy them because they're the only brand that fit. A new pair is on the way tomorrow that I snagged for $32 plus free shipping! Yeah!

My quilt top is finished! Now I can't find fabric for the back. It's funny how there are tons of cute blue fabrics, yet all the reds look crazy. I might need to re-think a red back and go with blue...

Flat Stanley is in Florida now and will go to Hawaii next week. Then he's home for good, which means I need to get his book made so Preston can take him back to school. So far, Stan has been to Germany, Italy, Houston, Chicago, the Bahamas and Florida. Preston's grandparents are some busy travelers. Even though the project will be over, he'll be going along with us when we go to FL this July.

I need to start working on the kids' scrapbooks again. They're almost a year behind. I still have almost 300 pictures from Gatlinburg to put into an album from 2 years ago. Need to get that done before we go on another vaca.

Both kids have colds. Preston never stopped coughing between colds (it changed from productive, to dry, and now productive again with this cold), so it doesn't look like the Singulair is working. As soon as this cold is over, we're going to Dr. B. to find out what to do.

I gave the car a top to bottom cleaning today- inside at least. It had been a LONG time!

On the way home from Ramsey today, I decided to go out searching for the old Alderson place where my great-grandparents used to live, where Granny was also born. I had only been by there once, years ago and tried to find it. I think I might have found it, but it doesn't look like what I remember. It may not even be standing anymore. Need to ask Granny this weekend.

I plan on teaching the kids all about our historical little town this summer. Last summer, we had weekly picnics. We'll probably do that again, but I also want to do one thing educational each week so that they know about their town.

We're trying to sprout an avocado seed. We've tried several time before with no luck. Turns out we always had the seed upside down, and it takes 2-3 weeks. It's been a week already, so hopefully soon we'll see some roots and be able to have an avocado tree.

Last week, I accidentally laid a plastic bag on a hot burner and now have melted plastic on my burner and one pan. I have no clue how to get it off, but whenever I use that pan, the burner gets more on it and it stinks- bad!

I got my leg caught in a 3-hole paper punch today and really boogered it up. I'm lucky it didn't break the skin or I would have needed stitches because the nasty mark left behind was a deep v-shape. It looks pretty bad. Using a paper punch on the floor and leaning into it isn't a good idea.

No comments: