These two kids begged me to make these shirts for them! Honestly, I promise it was their idea. Actually, it was Kate's and then she got her friend Sierra on board too. They're both having school-wide elections today and they've both been campaigning hard. It's kind of scary because when I was Kate's age, I was out campaigning for bond issues, and here she is just as passionate about politics as I was then (and still am). Proud of my little politician!
But aside from that, PLEASE, EVERYONE, VOTE! It's more than just a right to vote, it's your civic duty. We have to stand up for what we believe in and make our voices heard. There's really no excuse not to.
Tonight we'll be glued to the tv watching the results roll in. Kate has to watch them for class, but we'd be glued regardless! And just in case the shirts weren't enough...
No comments:
Post a Comment